Job Title: Apprentice Web Application Developer
- £15,000 to £18,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Includes team bonus (up to 10% of basic salary)
About us and the opportunity
We are a tech start-up specialising in workflow and automated document generation solutions, and our flagship product is an online suitability report app which is used in the financial services sector.
As a result of our continued success we are looking to expand our team and take on an individual whose primary responsibility will be to help maintain and develop our core product. The role will also include the research, recommendation and adoption of new tools, technologies, practices and patterns. It also provides the opportunity to get involved in the design and build of a new product using leading-edge architectures and technologies.
In summary, this is a rare opportunity for a talented apprentice C# ASP.NET MVC developer to be a part of a growing SaaS company in so many ways, not just coding. The position is more highly remunerated than a typical apprenticeship. However, we have high requirements, and to be considered for this position you will have to be a high calibre candidate who has self taught yourself many of the skills listed below.
Your main duties
In this role you will:
Design and build of current Genovo product
- “Hit the ground running” enhancing Genovo by implementing new features via requirements elicitation from business colleagues, coding, QA and deployment within an agile environment.
- Take a lead in “special” projects such as integration with 3rd party systems using protocols such as REST and OAuth.
- Implement security enhancing procedures and mechanisms.
- Monitor the performance of the application through use of DevOps monitoring tools.
Best practices and patterns
- Research and recommend new best practices and patterns.
- Implement best practices and patterns in a pragmatic way.
- Understand how to build security into the product.
Use of new tools and technologies
- Explore new tools & technologies for use within the company.
Opportunity to help design and build new product
- Help design and code our new product which will require leading edge architecture such as “serverless architecture”.
Helping and working with others
- Support the Head of Technology and other developers.
- Work with external consultants.
- Work with external partners to develop joint features such as REST integrations.
- Support customers from time to time.
Your skills and experience
- Do you have C# coding experience preferably in a business environment?
- Do you have ASP.NET MVC experience?
- Do you have Azure experience preferably within a business environment?
- Are you passionate about building web applications?
- Do you like the Microsoft stack especially ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server and Azure?
- Have you implemented a REST integration by linking to an API?
- Have you implemented a REST integration by exposing a Web API?
- Do you have experience in OAuth?
- Are you obsessive about security, and on how to build it into applications up front?
- Do you have any experience with ASP.NET Core? (Yes we know it’s very new!)
- Do you have experience of penetration testing?
- Do you have a level of detail to ensure quality software?
Practice and Patterns
- Do you seek to adopt best practice and patterns ?
- Do you seek to build SOLID applications?
- Do you have experience of TDD?
Making the difference
- Do you relish a challenge?
- Do you like to have fun whilst creating?
- Do you like helping others?
- Do you have the right interpersonal skills to elicit requirements?
- Do you have right interpersonal skills to support customers?
- Does the idea of being involved in, and being a part of an expanding business attract you?
- Do you have strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail?
- Would you enjoy the responsibility of working as a key member of a small team?
- Do you have a willingness to muck-in?
- Are you able to work independently?
A happy and positive team culture is extremely important to us, and we would like someone with the same attitude to join our team.
What you’ll receive
In return we’ll give you:
- A placement onto a Level 4 software developer apprenticeship with opportunity for accelerated completion.
- A competitive remuneration package, based on your skills and experience.
- 30 paid days off per year including Christmas closing (plus your birthday if it falls on a weekday!)
- Tools and equipment to enable you to do the best possible job.
- Career growth through growing company opportunities.
- A positive and friendly working environment, where you’ll receive recognition and reward for a job well done.
- A working environment with no hierarchies where you’ll be actively encouraged to contribute to the ideas pool.
- Smart people to work with who know and care about you.
- Opportunities for you to develop your skills.
- The chance to become an integral part of the team from the start of the next phase of our ambitious growth plans.
This is intended to be a full-time, office-based position, based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please drop an email to [email protected]
with your CV and any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as our apprentice web application developer.