Job Title: Technical Product Specialist
- £25,000 to £35,000 basic dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Plus annual team bonus paid twice yearly (up to 10% of basic salary)
About us and the opportunity
We are a tech start-up specialising in workflow and automated document generation solutions, and our flagship product is an online suitability report app which is used within the financial services sector.
As a result of our continued success we are looking to expand our team and take on an individual whose primary responsibility will be to maintain and develop our core product, and provide technical support to our growing user base. The role will also include an element of business development, which the right candidate will undertake as a matter of course as they will regularly attend industry events, and enjoy networking with other industry professionals.
In summary, this is a rare opportunity for an “intrapreneurial” individual, with a background in financial services, to employ their skills and knowledge within the dynamic and varied workplace of a small but growing tech start-up.
Your main duties
In this role you will mostly:
- Be responsible for ensuring the product is kept up to date with taxation and legislation, and continues to comply with regulatory standards and reflects industry best practice.
Work closely with the Technical Product Manager to:
- Identify and scope out requirements for new product features and enhancements.
- Identify opportunities for new products within the financial services marketplace, and help develop and realise them.
- Help test new features and products prior to release.
- Provide technical support to users.
- Help onboard new users.
- Provide online and onsite demos of the product to existing and potential new users.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team to ensure users receive a smooth and successful experience throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Maintain and develop support resources.
- Support account management activities.
- Support the Customer Success Team to nurture and convert leads.
- From time-to-time attend industry events as a delegate and exhibitor.
- Help develop partnership opportunities.
- Contribute to the content we produce. This could involve writing blogs and preparing resources for our website that help raise awareness of the product.
- Act as an ambassador for the company and the product.
Your experience / qualifications
To be considered for this job you will have:
- At least 4 years relevant experience in the financial services sector as a paraplanner, financial adviser, compliance professional or similar such role.
- Made progress towards relevant industry qualifications. You will have attained, or be very close to attaining a Level 4 qualification.
- Good technical knowledge covering a broad range of financial planning areas; or a desire to learn and study to achieve this (covered by our training allowance)
- A sound understanding of suitability reports and related regulatory requirements.
Your key skills
The right person for this job will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly computer literate and have an enthusiasm for all things tech.
- Have strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Be enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated.
- Have exceptional customer service skills.
- Enjoy the responsibility of working as a key member of a small team.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have a willingness to muck-in.
- Relish a challenge.
A happy and positive team culture is extremely important to us, and we would like someone with the same attitude to join our team.
What you’ll receive
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive remuneration package, based on your skills and experience.
- 23 days of holiday per year including Christmas closing (plus your birthday if it falls on a weekday!)
- A positive and friendly working environment, where you’ll receive recognition and reward for a job well done.
- A working environment with no hierarchies where you’ll be actively encouraged to contribute to the ideas pool.
- Smart people to work with who know and care about you.
- Opportunities for you to develop your skills.
- The chance to become an integral part of the team from the start of the next phase of our ambitious growth plans.
Although this is intended to be a full-time position based in our offices in sunny Shrewsbury, we are very flexible and open to discussions about part-time and / or home working. We’d also be interested to hear from anyone who may be interested in performing some, or all of the duties outlined above on a consultancy basis.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as our Technical Product Specialist!