Job Title: Technical Product Specialist
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 basic dependent on experience and qualifications, plus an annual bonus (up to an additional 10% of basic salary) based on company performance and personal achievements, split over two payments.
Basis: Full time ideally. However, we are very flexible and open to part-time working.
Location: Anywhere. We employ a ‘hybrid’ remote-working model and all of our employees are set up so they can work equally effectively from home or in the office. Although we would love to see you in our offices in Shrewsbury from time-to-time, this isn’t a deal breaker.
About us and the opportunity
We are a dynamic and supportive tech company specialising in workflow and automated document generation solutions, and our flagship product is an online suitability report builder. As a result of our continued success we are looking to expand our team and take on a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual whose primary responsibility will be to maintain and develop our core product, and provide technical support to our ever-expanding user base.
Your main duties
In this role you will mostly:
- Be responsible for ensuring the product and its content is kept up to date with taxation and legislation, and continues to comply with regulatory standards and reflects industry best practice.
- Identify and scope out requirements for new product features and enhancements.
- Create new report content.
- Contribute ideas for new products within the financial services marketplace, and help develop and realise them.
- Help test new features and products prior to release.
- Provide technical support to users.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team to ensure users receive a smooth and successful experience throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Help onboard new users.
- Maintain and develop support resources.
- Support account management activities.
- Contribute to the content we produce. This could involve writing blogs and preparing resources for our website.
- Support the Customer Success Team with pre-sale support.
- From time-to-time attend industry events as a delegate and exhibitor.
- Help develop partnership and larger account opportunities.
Your experience / qualifications
To be considered for this job you will have:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in financial services. We believe this role is ideally suited to a paraplanner. However, we’d be happy to consider individuals from more of an advice or compliance background too, especially if they’ve had paraplanning experience at some point in their careers.
- Made progress towards relevant industry qualifications. You will have attained a Level 4 qualification and ideally progressing to Level 6.
- Good technical knowledge covering a broad range of financial planning areas; or a desire to learn and study to achieve this (covered by our training allowance)
- A complete understanding of suitability reports and related regulatory requirements.
Your key skills
The right person for this job will:
- Have excellent written communication skills. Sorry but this is non-negotiable.
- Be highly computer literate and have an enthusiasm for all things tech.
- Have strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Be enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Enjoy the responsibility of working as a key member of a small team.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have a willingness to work hard and muck-in.
A happy and positive team culture is extremely important to us, and we would like someone with the same attitude to join our team.
What you’ll receive
In return we’ll give you:
- A competitive remuneration package, based on your skills, experience and contribution towards realising team goals.
- 20 days core holiday per year plus at least 3 days off over Christmas, plus your birthday if it falls on a weekday.
- A positive, friendly and supportive working environment, where you’ll receive recognition and reward for a job well done.
- A working environment with no hierarchies where you’ll be actively encouraged to contribute to the ideas pool.
- Smart people to work with who know and care about you.
- Opportunities for you to develop your skills.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please drop an email to email@example.com with your CV and any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as our Technical Product Specialist.