How to change the colour and style of the bullet points in your Genovo reports
This month I’m going to share a simple user tip that will really help add some extra visual interest to your reports.
As you know, within Genovo you can quickly and easily change the look and feel of your reports by applying a different report theme. A theme is a set of formatting choices that will be applied to your reports including colours, fonts and styling.
One of the many styles you’ll find within a Report Theme is Bullet Points as highlighted below.
The benefit of bullet points
At Genovo, we use bullet points a lot in our reports because they:
- Help to highlight key information.
- Help to break up the paragraph text.
- Are easier to ‘digest’, and make the report easier to read.
To make your reports even more eye-catching and engaging, you can now, following a recent update, change the colour and style of the bullet points used in the reports you create in Genovo. So, let’s have a look at how you can easily do this.
How to customise the bullet points used in your reports
1.From the dashboard, go to customisation > report theme.
2. If you haven’t got round to creating your own report theme click here to learn how to in just a few steps.
3. However, if you’ve already created a custom report theme, click on the corresponding edit.
4. For the style titled Bullet Points, click the pencil icon and select your preferred colour or enter the required hex code, and symbol.
5. Click save and back to: report themes.
6. Remember to double check that your custom report theme is selected as the Active Theme.
Bullet point examples
These are just a few examples of the type of the thing you could do…
So, get creative and customise your bullet points this month…
You’ll find lots of useful information about how to customise your reports in our Knowledge Base or by clicking on the links below.
Make sure you don’t miss any of our hints & tips – subscribe and get email alerts when we update our blog.
Share this post
Free Suitability Report Template
Learn how to make your reports more reader-friendly and engaging.
- All articles
- FCA Guidance
- Financial Planning Tips
- Genovo New Features & Updates
- Guest Blog
- Industry Comment
- MiFID II
- Our News
- Suitability Report Best Practice
- Tax Year Updates
- User Tips
- Word Tips